The insurance of civil liability of the owners of weapons is a mandatory procedure that is carried out in accordance with the established procedure and rules of compulsory civil liability insurance for Ukrainian, legitimately possess weapons, for harm that may cause in the future a third person or his possession as a result of use (storage, possession) of this weapon. These rules and procedures are approved by the Cabinet of Ministers on June 29, 2002 No. 402. № 402.
Do you have firearms?
The insurance contract is necessary for storage, possession or use:
1) to citizens of Ukraine:
- combat, rifled, firearms of an army model;
- weapons manufactured by special order;
- idle and educational weapons; small arms;
- hunting, rifled, firearms (carbines, combined rifles, small-caliber rifles, etc.);
- weapons of hunting smooth-bore gunshot; sports firearms (pistols, rifles, revolvers, rifles for sports purposes, etc.);
- weapons of hunting smooth-bore gunshot; cold weapons (hunting knives, crossbows, bows, swords, scimitar swords, Finnish knives, daggers, bayonet knives, daggers, bayonets);
- pneumatic weapons.
2) Citizens legally storing and using guns owned by legal entities (except military, serving in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other formations, employees of law enforcement agencies, courts, prosecutors and other law enforcement agencies performing official duties).
In what cases is insurance required?
The contract of compulsory liability insurance is compulsory in cases when you register, re-register, obtain a permit to own the firearms.
What is the subject to insurance?
Insurance should be subject to property interests, comply with the Law and related to compensation for the harm caused to life, property, health of individuals or legal entities due to the possession, use or storage of weapons.
How to apply for insurance?
For registration you can come to the medical centers «Galchenko clinic» or call and sign up by phone:
+380 44 209-9-209 +380 44 539-0-539 +380 44 360-61-41
Addresses of medical centers:
Kyiv, st. People’s Militia 2, (Sevastopol Square)
Kyiv, st. Shumsky 4a (Bereznyaki)
Kiev, Koltsov Boulevard, 13 (Borshchagovka)